(Indicative data only - not intended for use in preparing specifications.)
1. Colours: White and grey.
2. Tack Free Time, Minutes (at 25oC and 50% R.H.): 60 (longer at low temperatures and high humidity)
3. Skin Time, Minutes (at 25oC and 50% R.H.): 30 (longer at low temperatures and high humidity)
4. Working Time, Minutes (at 25oC and 50% R.H.): 30 (longer at low temperatures and high humidity)
5. Flow/Sag/Slump (Mil-S 8802E): Less than 2mm.
6. Viscosity (Haf/Heli TE/5 at 25oC): 9,000-10,500P
7. Non Volatile Content: Approx. 82% w/w
As cured - after 21 days at 25oC and 50% R.H.
1 Durometer Hardness, Shore A, Points: Greater than 40
2 Ultimate Tensile Strength, MPa (ASTM D412): 0.8
3 Maximum Elongation, % (ASTM D412): 150%
4 Peel Strength, Anodised Aluminium, kg-cm 1: 2.0 5 Joint Movement Capability:
+/- 10% of joint width (where depth not greater than half joint width).
HOW TO USE:
1. Surfaces to be caulked must be thoroughly clean and free from dust, grease, flaking paint, and old or crumbling caulk. Remove soap residue from tiles using a brush or detergent and then rinse off with water. Other surfaces can be cleaned with Selleys SOLVENT ACETONE to remove grease residues.
2. Extrude a bead of product with steady pressure, pushing caulk ahead of the applicator nozzle. This method will force the caulk into the crack and smooth the surface at the same time. The caulk can be tooled with a wet finger or knife if desired.
3. Allow the surface to the skin firmly before painting. If oil-based paints are to be used or if gaps are large, allow the sealant to set for 48 hours before painting.
Note: Paints that shrink during drying may crack, e.g. some water-based undercoats and flat paints. Test paint on a small section of sealant first.
The likelihood of paint cracking may be reduced by first:
(i) Painting the sealant with vinyl/acrylic semi-gloss paint or oil-based undercoat and/or,
(ii) Allowing sealant to cure thoroughly before painting.
NO MORE GAPS is a low hazard material.
In case of eye contact flush with plenty of water for 15 minutes.
Any excess caulk should be cleaned up with water (a damp cloth) immediately after application. Cured caulk will need to be cut away. Remaining caulk can be softened with Selleys SOLVENT ACETONE and then removed.
NO MORE GAPS will skin after approx. 30 minutes and it cures within 48 hours to a durable, flexible seal. Allow for longer skin and cure times under cold/damp conditions.
Product should be protected from rain until